International Students



The International Student Care Office (ISCO) supervises all activities relating to foreign nationals intending to study at Babcock University. The office helps every international student with social, academic and immigration matters such as visas, passports, transfers, external travels, extension of status etc.
An International Student is a foreign national applying to Babcock University (BU) to pursue a program at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. International students can choose to study as regular students, exchange students, visiting students or research scholars.
A regular international student is a full-time degree seeking foreign student at Babcock University conducting research, taking courses or participating in other educational or cultural exchange activities.
An exchange student is a student who studies for a period of time usually one year, at a foreign institution as part of a reciprocal program between two institutions or countries by prior arrangement by the institutions/countries.
A visiting student is a non-degree seeking foreign student at Babcock University from institutions which do not have partnership agreements with Babcock University. Students from Partner Universities who wish to study in Babcock University as visiting students may also apply. Only students who are currently enrolled in one degree or the other in their home universities are eligible.
A research scholar is an individual who is affiliated to a recognized institution visiting primarily to conduct research, observe or consult in connection with a research project.
An international student applying to Babcock University (BU) must have obtained the equivalent of the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE). Such a student is required to list only the institutions and dates attended on the application forms, but will not be accepted to Babcock University until the university has received original transcripts, records, and official copies of all credits, degrees, diplomas and their credentials with validation by faculty or national officials. This should be in the original language, accompanied by a translation (not an interpretation) in English, done at their own or Nigerian embassy. The Babcock University Registrar evaluates academic documents received from international students.
Proficiency in English, both written and oral, must be proven before regular admission. International students are strongly advised to remain in their homeland until they have received official letters of admission from BU. Such a letter will be issued only if the student’s academic credentials are satisfactory, a surety advance deposit made, and the student is able to demonstrate ability to finance his/her education at Babcock University.
International students must have students’ residence permit or visa to qualify for study at Babcock University. Upon arrival on campus, international students must report to the International Student Care Office at the Student Support Centre with their documents.
Information for Regular International Students
Undergraduate Admissions
The following are the application options available to applicants at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels:

  • Foundation Student (100 Level Student): This is a first-time student who has never been registered in any post-secondary study.

  • Pre-degree Student: This is a student that does not have the needed requirements for admission into 100 level due to deficiency in one or two subjects. It is a one year program running from October to June. The program is meant to help students remedy the deficiency in the O’level results. For more information visit

  • A’ Level Student (JUPEB): This is a student who is seeking admission through direct entry into the university without a post- secondary education. Such student has to have a complete O’level result. Other certificates equivalent to the O’level result can also be used. For more information log onto

  • Transfer Student: This is a student who has been previously registered at another university and is interested in undergraduate admission at Babcock University.

  • Direct Entry Candidate: This is a candidate with post-secondary education seeking admission into second year of a degree programme. Candidate with A ‘level and university diploma certificate may apply for admission into 200 level for the relevant undergraduate programs. Complete transcript must be submitted by the student.

  • Post Graduate Student: This is a candidate furthering his study in a particular field after having successfully completed a degree course. This includes Masters Programs and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph .D) Programs in different faculties. Visit the Postgraduate Page

For detailed information on undergraduate and postgraduate admissions and faculty- specific information, Select the Admission option on the navigation menu
The following should be noted by all foreign applicants:


The Students Development Division of the University provides on-campus accommodation for students in the halls of residence.
On-Campus accommodation is usually provided for international students following registration at the Office of the Vice President, Students Development. Students are advised to apply for accommodation in time as spaces are limited and offered on first-come-first-serve basis. Temporary accommodation arrangements may have to be made by new students for their first few days at Babcock University.
Prospective students should contact the International Students Care office for accommodation reservations via e-mail. . Check the Tuition and Fees Category on the menu.

For undergraduate admissions, please follow the instructions carefully. Go to to start the application process.
Step 1: Create new applicant account.

  • Enter your name and email address (a password will be sent to your email). This password will be required to access your application if you choose to complete it at another time. Make sure you copy your APPLICATION ID (a 5 digit number displayed at the top of the Application payment page).

  • Complete all information, select exam date and venue, and upload your picture.

Step 2: Bank to bank payment option

Make payment using bank to bank transfer with the university account. Receipt of payment should be printed out by the bank which was used to transfer funds into the university’s bank account. Payment can be made to the banks listed below:

  • Diamond Bank
    Guaranty Trust Bank
    Zenith Bank
    Wema Bank
    Union Bank
    First Bank of Nigeria
    Skye Bank

Bank draft

Applicants paying with cash should pay into the university account in any of the above listed banks, the bank will then issue out a bank draft which will serve as an evidence of payment.

Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes:

  • Holders of SSCE/WAEC in 5 subjects at not more than two (2) sittings (one sitting for Medicine and Surgery). Applicants with foreign O’level equivalents should send their results to the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria or Nigerian Diplomatic Missions in their country of residence for interpretation.

  • Other international examinations such as High School Diploma, General Education Development (GED), Cambridge A’ Level and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) can also be used upon entry into the university. These results must be taken to the Federal Ministry of Education to confirm the qualification of such applicants.

  • All Transfer candidates are expected to obtain the Nigeria JAMB Direct Entry Form for the current year they are applying for.

  • Step 3: Form Submission

    After paying at a bank, log onto with your username and password, print and submit your form.

  • Once the application process has been completed! Print a copy of your application form and bring it to the examination centre with three letters of recommendation and photocopies of your certificates including your birth certificate.

It is the responsibility of all students to arrange to cover the cost of their education and meet the University’s payment deadlines. The financial demands on new students are usually highest at the beginning of the academic year. It is therefore important that students plan their finances carefully to cover registration, tuition, accommodation, feeding and other levies recommended by the University. Financial assistance from the University is not usually available to international students.

Fee Structure

This is dependent on program, hostel accommodation and meal option. However, prospective visiting students are required to e-mail the International Student Care Office for fees enquiries. It is important to note that all fees are subject to change on a yearly basis. For further information on recommended fees by the University.

Select the Tuition and Fees option on the navigation Menu to view the current fees.

International student’s acceptance of admission must be accompanied by reference letters from three (3) referees not related to the applicant

International Student Care Officer
Student Support Centre, Babcock University
Name: Chido-Nwakanma, Chinaza
Telephone: 08037988839.