Babcock University seeks out financial aids opportunities for qualified students. These are in forms of full and partial scholarship awards. The following available schemes and conditions currently exist.
1. ADOPT -A – STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME:
This scholarship is awarded on the basis of proven needs:
- Letter of application (Completed Adopt-A-Student Form)
- A minimum of 3.0 CGPA
- Evidence of ability to pay the balance beyond the scholarship fund
- Documentation of Work-Study (Current Work Study)
2. PCF EDUCATION ENDOWMENT FUND
This is available for students who have lost either of the parents or their major sponsor while already a Babcock student.
- Completion of PCF Endowment Form which includes:
- Name of Student
- Course of Study
- Year of Study
- Name of Sponsor
- Relationship of Sponsor to the student
- Employment details of the sponsor (such as place of employment, Position, full address of employer etc)
- Residential address of sponsor
- Home town address of sponsor
- Signature of student and date
- Bursary clearance for last semester
- Bill for the academic session
- Copy of student ID card
- The student must already be a student at Babcock at the time of death of parent or sponsor.
- Beneficiary must have paid Consultative Forum Fees throughout the years
- Beneficiary must have paid Consultative Forum Endowment Funds up to the time of sponsor’s death.
- There must be a death certificate of the sponsor from a qualified medical doctor
- The Parents’ Consultative Forum must have been informed when the death occurred.
- During a Parents’ Consultative Forum (PCF) meeting, the scholarship is approved and remitted directly to Babcock University.
3. SPRINGTIME DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (SDF)
This scholarship is solely sponsored by the Springtime Development Foundation
- Beneficiary must be an Adventist
- Application letter, which is addressed directly to SDF
- Evidence of need
- Recommendation from the local church pastor
Award is made once every new school year.
4. STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICE’S NEEDY STUDENTS’ FUND
This is based on need. The selection is done by the University Scholarship Committee
- An application letter
- Evidence of ability to pay balance beyond the scholarship fund
- Evidence of documentation of work study
5. ILISHAN INDIGENES SCHOLARSHIP
This covers only tuition fees.
- The genealogy of the applicant must be traceable to Ilishan – Remo, Ogun State
- The applicant shall be a bonifide student of Babcock University and must have spent at least one year of study at Babcock University.
- Students with disciplinary cases pending and/or with academic probation shall not be eligible
- Students with citizenship grade less than ‘C’ need not apply.
- There shall be local advertisements sometime May/June of every school year conspicuously displayed at strategic locations on the University campus and Ilishan town
- All eligible applicants shall be expected to obtain and fill the prescribed forms which shall be available at Babcock University. Completed application forms shall be returned to Babcock University.
- All completed application forms received by BU shall be passed to Ilishan Education Committee, a sub-committee of Ilishan Development Committee for vetting and authenticating the veracity of the genealogy.
- After the input of the Ilishan Development Committee (IDC), the forms shall be analyzed by Babcock University and the results therefore shall be sent to IDC before releasing same to the public.
- Any recipient who fails to measure up academically and morally shall forfeit the right to continue to enjoy the scholarship and shall not be eligbie to reapply until such student is cleared by an appropriate authority of the University. When this happens the student shall compete like any other who is applying for the first time.