ADMISSIONS OFFICE (UNDERGRADUATE) UNIT
The office is primarily responsible for the processing of admission of candidates into the various academic programs offered by the University, according to the laid down rules and regulations of admissions into the University. The office renders quality, efficient and timely service to all. Our utmost interest is to recruit, admit, and serve students and other stakeholders with integrity.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admissions into Babcock University (BU), for 4-, 5-, and 6- year Degree Programs.
Admission into the University is of two entry types (1). Direct Entry and (2). UTME Entry (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination).
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum qualification for the First Degree Programs: 5 credits at the GCE/SSCE/NECO Examinations or their equivalent (at not more than 2 sittings); one sitting only for Medicine & Surgery.
All candidates APPLY DIRECTLY to Babcock University and are REQUIRED to sit for the current JAMB examination. PRIORITY is given to candidates who choose Babcock as 1st Choice. No candidates shall be admitted to Babcock University without Babcock University POST-UTME Screening.
OTHER DUTIES PERFORMED BY THE OFFICE INCLUDE:
- Managing the entire admissions activities
- Serves as secretary to the admissions Committee of the University
- Processes application forms, and passes successful candidates to the admission committee for consideration.
- Screens candidates for admission
- Verifies results of the newly admitted students.
- Issues admission letters to the prospective students
- Liaises with the JAMB Office, on behalf of the University on all matters relating to admission regulations and policies:
- REVIEWS OF JAMB BROCHURE
- COMPILES AND ADMITS CANDIDATES DURING TECHNICAL SITTINGS
- ASSISTS IN CONDUCTING UTME EXAMS
- Liaises with all academic departments and the University Academic Planning Office on all issues of Admission Quotas and regulations.
- Provides information on admission to the University Senate and Management.
- Provides admission statistics for units/offices in the University for Official Uses in each admission year.
- Consults daily with students and publics on admission issues.
- Assists in marketing plans for recruitment of the students to the University.
- Special duties as directed by the Registrar.
ADMISSION FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION HAS COMMENCED following following programs:
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION & HUMANITIES
Department of History and International Studies
Degree Offered: B.A. (Hons.) History & International Studies
Department of Languages and Literary Studies
Degrees Offered: B.A. (Hons.) English Studies
B.A. (Hons.) French and International Relations
B.A. French(Options) in Diplomatic Studies.
Department of Religious Studies
Degrees Offered: B.A. (Hons) Religious Studies
B.A. (Hons.) Christian Religious Studies.
Department of Education
B.Sc. (Ed) Hons
1. Business Education
2. Economics Education
B. A (Ed) Hons: B.Ed. Hons)
3. Educational Planning & Administration
4. English Education
5. Counseling Psychology
Department of Music and Creative Arts
Degree Offered: B.A. (Hons.) Music
SCHOOL OF LAW & SECURITY STUDIES
Department of Law
Degree Offered: L.L.B. (Hons) Law
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Accounting
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting
Department of Banking & Finance
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons.)/ACIB in Banking & Finance (5-year program)
B.Sc. (Hons.) Banking & Finance
B.Sc. (Hons) Finance
Department of Information Resources Management
Degree Offered: BIRM (Hons) Information Resources Management
Department of Business Administration & Marketing
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons.)Business Administration
B.Sc. (Hons.) Marketing
VERONICA ADELEKE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Economics
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons.) Economics
Department of Mass Communication
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Mass Communication
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Political Science
B.Sc. (Hons) Public Administration
B.Sc. (Hons) Political Science/International Law And Diplomacy
Department of Sociology & Social Work
Degree offered: BSW (Hons) Social Work
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Department of Basic Sciences
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
B.Sc. (Hons) Biology
Department of Microbiology
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology
Department of Agriculture & Industrial Technology
Degree offered: B.Agric. (Hons)
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND ENGINEERING SCIENCES
Department of Computer Science
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science
B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science (Technology)
B.Sc. (Hons.) Computer Science (Information Systems)
COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND MEDICAL SCIENCES
BENJAMIN S. CARSON SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
Degrees Offered: MBBS Medicine and Surgery (6-year Program)
Department of Anatomy
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Anatomy
Department of Physiology
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Physiology
Department of Biochemistry
Degree Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry
Department of Nutrition & Dietetics 4 Year program
Degree Offered: B Sc. (Hons) Nutrition and Dietetics
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC AND ALLIED HEALTH
Department of Public & Allied Health
Degrees Offered: B.Sc. (Hons) Public Health
Department of Medical Laboratory Science
Degree Offered: BMLS (Hons) Medical Laboratory Science
SCHOOL OF NURSING SCIENCE
Department of Nursing Science
Degree Offered: BNSc. (Hons.) Nursing Science
For further enquiries contact:
- Office Number: (234)703-555-6536, (234)803-852-2333
ADMISSION OFFICE STAFF MEMBERS
- OLAJIDE Bukola Grace (NCE)